Dentures are recommended to patients to replace damaged or missing teeth. Dentures help to improve chewing ability, speech and restore the smile. There are different types of dentures, including removable and fixed. Fixed dentures not only restore function and aesthetics but also remove the discomfort associated with ill-fitting removable dentures.
What are the pros of Implant Dentures?
- Implant Dentures make eating easier and more comfortable for the patient
- They are more long-lasting and robust than removable dentures
- Implant dentures have fuss-free maintenance, with no need to visit the dentist for cleaning
- They support facial features, providing a more natural, youthful look and making talking more comfortable.
- They fit better than removable dentures, providing more comfort
- Customisation can help implant dentures fit the mouth more precisely
What are the cons of Implant Dentures
• The treatment process is more costly than other denture types
• Getting implant dentures is a long and time consuming procedure
• Implant procedures aren’t suitable for all patients
• The surgery and healing time is longer for implant dentures
Dentures offer a cost effective solution to replace teeth, however removable dentures can loosen and shift if not fitted correctly. Along with the messy nature of the adhesive used to secure removable dentures these are becoming a less popular option. The mess, discomfort and further issues this causes can often be limited or avoided with implant dentures.
If you think you need new dentures, we recommend that you call us on 0115 941 7052 for an informal chat, or come to see us at any one of our denture clinics in Nottingham, Newark and Mansfield for a free denture consultation to assess your options and decide where to go next.